ATC COACHED RUNNING GROUP Session 3.32
Tuesday Tear-It-Up Track Night: 200’s night!
Rotary Stadium Track, AUG.29, 2017
1)Meet/Greet: introductions, share # of runs/week
Fall Cultus Lake Race!
3) RUN TIPS: a) Hydration: HOT WEATHER WARNING!!!
- b) PACING during workout – restraint at first, get comfortable with pace for two or three reps.
- c) Buddy System: if you can, find a “buddy” who is close to your current fitness level / run intervals together
4) WARM-UP: 10 minutes slow and easy running, just break a sweat, raise HR, loosen legs, “get your head right”.
Do “Body Scan” while running: note any aches & pains.
5) PACEWORK: e = easy R = RUN
*Walkers: 25- 30min, finish faster than you started
**Beginners: 10 mins more jog,
then 2x(400easy/800RUN) + 1 min. active recovery
= 1600m INTERVALS, 2400m total run
***Intermediate/Experienced: 3 choices!!!
4x(400easy/800RUN + 1 min. Active Recovery)
= 3200m INTERVALS, 4800m total run
2x (800easy/1600RUN + 2 min. Active Recovery)
= 3200m INTERVALS, 4800 total run
CHOICE #3: ONLY if running 3 or more times a week average this year! 4k of intervals is TONS!
= 4000m INTERVALS, 6400 total run
6) ALL GROUPS: WARM-DOWN TOGETHER
10 – 15 minutes MINIMUM of easy running, checking your posture, your core, your stride, note any soreness. Heart Rate should be 90 – 110 bpm.