ATC COACHED RUNNING GROUP Session 3.34
Tuesday Tear-It-Up Track Night: 2-4-2 night!
Rotary Stadium Track, Sept5, 2017
1) Meet/Greet: introductions, share # of runs/week
2) REMINDERS: Fall Cultus Lake Race!
3) RUN TIPS: a) Hydration: HOT WEATHER WARNING!!!
- b) PACING during workout – restraint at first, get comfortable with pace for two or three reps.
- c) Buddy System: if you can, find a “buddy” who is close to your current fitness level / run intervals together
4) WARM-UP: 10 minutes slow and easy running, just break a sweat, raise HR, loosen legs, “get your head right”.
Do “Body Scan” while running: note any aches & pains.
5) PACEWORK: e = easy R = RUN
*Walkers: 25- 30min, finish faster than you started
**Beginners: 10 mins more jog,
THEN 10 mins more easy run but faster than warmup.
= 1600m INTERVALS
= 2400m INTERVALS
= 3200m INTERVALS
*****CULTUS ½ Iron and Standard Racers only:
2 x 1600m Time Trials with 3 min. AR between: For each 1600m, chunk into 4 x 400m without a break, increase pace each 400m if safe and possible. Try your best to have the 2nd 1600m faster than the first 1600m!
6) ALL GROUPS: WARM-DOWN TOGETHER
10 – 15 minutes MINIMUM of easy running, checking your posture, your core, your stride, note any soreness. Heart Rate should be 90 – 110 bpm.