ATC Coached Track Session 4.08
February 20, 2018
Social – 5:45 to 6:00
Coached Workout: 6:00 to 7:00
- Meet and Greet: all attendees introduce themselves. Share how much you run and experience with pacework.
- RUN TIPS:
- Hydration: carry with you or store at start lines
- Pacing: caution at first, get comy with pace for 2-3 reps. NEVER GO 100%!!! You’re PACING not RACING
- Buddy System Tip: you may find a “buddy” who is a close Pace Match to run the intervals together – VERY EFFECTIVE
- WARM-UP: start out together – 10 min. easy running with Body Scan. If part of your own routine, do strides, accelerations in last 2-3 minutes of warm-up. Goal: break sweat, raise HR, loosen legs, “get head right”.
- GROUP WHISTLEBLOWER RUN – all about PACE, not speed!
Listen for the whistle to change match:
- 1 whistle (TOOT) – easy-ish pace (60%~)
- 2 whistles (TOOT TOOT) – medium-ish (70%~)
- 3 whistles (TOOT TOOT TOOT) – hard-ish (80-90%~)
- No sprinters, speedsters, chariots of fire!
Err on the side of caution!
- ACTIVE RECOVERY – 5 minutes
Drink, jog, bathroom, strides, accelerations, FOCUS
- 1600m TIME TRIAL
- Newbies/Beginners 70-80% effort (same as TOOT TOOT)
- Intermediate/Experienced: 85-90% effort (provided no body issues)
- WARM-DOWN: 10-15 minutes MINIMUM of easy running, checking your posture, your core, your stride, note any soreness. Heart Rate should be 90–110 bpm, at least 20-25 beats per minute lower than running intervals.
NOTE: Injury Protocol: R.I.C.E. (Rest Ice Compression Elevation)