Abbotsford Triathlon Club Code of Conduct
As a member or coach of Abbotsford Triathlon Club, you are required to know and follow our code of conduct at all times.
Member’s Code of Conduct
All members of Abbotsford Triathlon Club are expected, as a condition of membership, to observe this Code whether in competition or training. In addition, all members with coaching responsibilities also agree to follow the coaches’ Codes of Conducts, as described by Triathlon BC and Triathlon Canada.
Members have a responsibility to:
- Practise good sportsmanship at all times.
- Be responsible for the safety of self and others.
- Obey traffic regulations and instructions from club coaches and race officials.
- Treat other members, coaches, competitors, race officials, volunteers and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Avoid the use of abusive language.
- Refrain from harassing any individual or engaging in any unwelcome visual, verbal or physical conduct: if harassment of others is observed, take appropriate intervening action.This includes references to a member’s ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical fitness level and/or appearance.
- Consistently display high personal standards and project a favourable image of the sport and of the Abbotsford Triathlon Club.
AND IN COMPETITIVE RACES…
- Understand the TriBC regulations and ITU Competition Rules.
- If a violation occurs knowingly, report the violation to a race official, and if necessary retire promptly from the competition.
- Inform race officials promptly after withdrawing from a race for any reason.